Used sub good choice?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Matson, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Scott Matson

Scott Matson Auditioning

I got a used Velodyne subwoofer for Christmas. I was wondering if anyone knows the value. the sub is a v1012x. 10" powered and 12" passive. He want's $225 for it. Does anyone know where to find the specs on this sub. I've been using a little paradigm that didn't deliver hardly any bass. Thisd one delivers alot but I think it may be to boomy and not low enough. I'm using a Denon 3300, what would be the best set up.

Thanks

Scott

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

There's a VLF1012 b-stock on Ebay right now, $299 to start, $399 buy it now.
    Sorry, but I have no exp. w/ Denon.
    IMO, it sounds like a good deal. What else can you get for $225?
    Good luck....[​IMG]

3. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

That Velo is a good sub. If you want to see how it ranks compared to about 75 other models, search this forums Hardware Archives (must search from Beginning) and open "Updated Nousaine Subwoofer Data" dated April 18, 2000.

4. Scott Matson

Scott Matson Auditioning

Arthur thanks for the link. It helped me out. I would really like a SVS but for the money I think I can live with just a good sub instead of a great sub. Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll buy it.

Scott