What's new

Used Stereo Receiver questions... (1 Viewer)

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
Ok I'm planning to buy a pair of JBL s26's and a sony sa-wm40 sub. When searching for used stereo receivers what brands should I look out for? Oh yeah, nothing that would be too expensive. I'm looking to spend less than $150. Also, how are new technics stereo receivers?

Wayne Ernst

Effects Supervisor
Also, how are new technics stereo receivers?
Jason, the Technics name has been retired. All receivers are now sold under the "Panasonic" name from now forward. There's a good chance that you'll still find some used Technics equipment out there, though. I can't speak much about Technics receivers, but several years back, I did own a Technics cassette deck which was very reliable and performed quite well.

Given the other items you've listed off, have you considered saving up a few more $$ over the next few months? $300 - $350 opens up a lot of opportunities in the used receiver market (Denon 1802, Onkyo 595, etc.).

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
Thanks, but I'm really trying to keep the price below $150. The receivers you listed, denon 1802 and onkyo 595, are 5 channel right? All I need is a 2 channel receiver.

So far I'm on the lookout for a cheap Sansui or Marantz.

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
Hey guys, I found a Carver 900 stereo receiver from the mid 80's for $125. Listed at 90 wpc. How are Carver electronics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark Heimback-Nielsen
Recent bookmarks