Used SACD's for $9.99, Good Value?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Br, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

I stumbled on a record store that had tons of used SACD's in great condition for $10.80 after tax. Based on current pricing does this sound like a good deal. Most of the SACD's were from Epic, Columbia, etc that are usually found at Best Buy and sorts. I picked up Billy Joels the Stranger, James Taylors Hourglass, Joe Satriani and Boston for $43 out the door.

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Sounds like a decent deal, most of Best Buy's 2-channel Sony's are $15.99 from a quick peek I took early today.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Greg, $10.80 is a good price for used SACDs, assuming they are in good condition. Frankly, you are lucky to have found used SACDs. I've been in a lot of used record stores over the past 18 months or so and have never come across any. [​IMG]

4. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

Well now that I have that input I can tell you the hole story.

I whent to the only tower records I knew of, have not been there for years. It was closed down. On the way home I spot this other record store that I used to buy cd's from. I walk in and ask if you have any SACD's and the girl is like "what are those", I do the usual its hi rez multi channel, like DVD Audio. She is like no we don't, but the guy behind her says we got a whole bunch in last week, they are over there. I walk over and bang, at least 300 SACD's and they are all used. Frankly I think these have been used once or twice, they were all in great condition. The only drawback is that they were mostly the Sony best buy types, no Telrec or the like. Still was a great find, I don't think the record store had a clue about these things and the retail prices new.

5. Jeff Keene

Jeff Keene Supporting Actor

Greg - You don't happen to live in CO, do you? [​IMG]

6. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

Phoenix