What's new

Used receiver (1 Viewer)

ChrisTes

Agent
At first I was looking into getting a HTIB like the Onkyo HT-S580 (circuit city), but then I realized that I wouldn't have much since there is no Phono, S-video, or Component input. Also, this system is only 5.1. So I started looking at some used receivers that I could afford that would do a much better job and last me for a long time to come. What I found to suit my needs was the Denon AVR-2802 or 2803. I've seen recomendations for other receviers from the Onkyo and Yamaha camps, but none of those have a phono input. Also it seems that there are many of the 2802/3s comming up in anticipation for the 3805. Any advice would be helpful. Also i'm not sure on what speakers I would get. Probably a 5.1 set of Polk speakers, but that would be a little bit down the road. Thanks

ChrisTes

Agent
Ok then, what are some reasonable receivers between 175 and 300? I'm looking for one with s-video connections, component connections, 6 channel input (5.1 input) and 6.1 or 7.1 output. This is my first reciever and it's going to have to go the distance. Therefore, I'm looking for something that won't be out of date for a while and is built like a tank. I know that there are iLinks for high def. audio as well as HDMI switchers, but that's not a big deal for me. What is your advice. Oh and most likely I'll be buying uesd through ebay or from the forums here. Thanks. Chris

John S

Senior HTF Member
Pretty sure the Onkyo 770 system will meet your needs.

Beware on used recievers, the component video handling is not what most people want.

Only more modern products allow conversion from composite / svideo to component, and even newer offerings have HDMI.

dan-0

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Denon2803 and could not be happier. I would not hesitate recommending it someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks