What's new

Used Projectors? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
My wife and I just bought a house. We plan on upgrading the basement (15x34 foot open, paneled room) 5-7 years down the road for a nice home theater, workout area.

Can anyone offers some suggestions on what used projectors brands to look at, or offer a good value for general viewing.

At the moment we are looking into either a used projector or Big-Screen tv for the kids (4 yrs & 6 months) to watch some programs and I would like to recycle an older Sony DAV-S300 home theater surround setup into the basement to just enjoy movie viewing away from the bedrooms upstairs. We want to keep the floor open from equipment that's the reason for thinking about a projector mounted on the ceiling possibly instead of a Big-Screen tv.

What can you get for a price between $500-800 out there?

BrianMagog

Stunt Coordinator
Personally, I wouldn't buy a used projector (assuming we're talking digital here, not CRT). With bulbs being so expensive, I'd opt for a new one in my price range. You can get a decent PJ for not much more than $800 (Dell, for instance, was running a sale on the InFocus X1 for close to your price range).

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
At that price a good video-grade used CRT is pretty much the only(and best) option. I wouldn't waste my time much with used digitals at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks