What's new

Used Lexicon DC2 - Can it be beat for the $$? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
I was originally considering the Outlaw 950....but a few bugs have become known as of late. My friend is upgrading to the Lexicon MC12 and has offered to sell me his Lexicon DC2 for $1,125 USD. Sure its a little more...but it also adds Logic 7 capability. It will be paired with a Parasound amp (temporarily borrowing it from same friend).

My question is......at the price mentioned above.....can anything else on the market outperform the DC2?

Secondly, assuming I go with the Lexicon, I will eventually need to purchase an amp. My budget for an amp is not to exceed $1,200 USD. I will definately be looking at Parasound but wanted some suggestions on other amps that are solid performers within the budget constraint.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Mike- That is a great price, if it has the rev 4 software. (That upgrade costs $300 I think.)

I looked at both the DC-2 and MC-1 vs the Outlaw. The Outlaw has the 5.1 analog inputs with an analog crossover that the Lex doesn't. But I would put Logic 7 on par with DD EX and DTS-ES that the Outlaw has. I went for the Outlaw. Might depend on your music vs video habits. (I'm 80% 2 channel music.)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Either way, you can surely make some maoney off the Lex if youget it for that price. They go for around 1500.00 as long as its a DD/DTS version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks