Used InFocus 7200 FP for < $5000 - good deal?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John_W_Sni, Aug 8, 2003.

1. John_W_Sni

John_W_Sni Auditioning

OK. After much, much lurking on this forum, I've decided to spend my $5K on a FP, a DIY screen, Zenith DirecTC STB, Songy DVD player, TiVo and keep my existing Yamaha reciever and Boston Acoustics speakers. I will be pulling triggers from now until December when I finally move into my place and set up theatre. I have a whole room for my theatre and music studio....wife wouldn't give 2 of our 8 rooms, but I'll take 1 and like it.

Anyway, I shop EBAY all the time and popped into their FPTV section and notice right off the top an InFocus 7200 HD2 DLP project for $4899 from Projector Central. Apparently an instore demo. Can I go wrong with this? This is a $10k projector.

If I wait until September after the electronics show, could I get this same project new for $4800?

What would you all do?

2. Mike Likens

Mike Likens Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like a great deal but I would definately be interested in the number of hours on the lamp.

If DVD viewing is your primary source you may want to consider the Infocus 5700. This is a native 16:9 projector with the new TI Matterhorn DLP chip. It retails for $5g maybe streets for less new.

3. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

John, I sent you a pm.

Bob

4. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

5. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

There's a $1000 rebate on them right now, so you can get them new for about $5400 after rebate. I'd ask them to drop their price.

6. John_W_Sni

John_W_Sni Auditioning

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated advice.

I hope they drop quick...I figure I can only spend $3k on the fp. I really, really want 720p native. May not happen.