What's new

Used Games Question (1 Viewer)

Dave Mark

Stunt Coordinator
I'm planning on taking advantage of Blockbuter's used games deal next week. I purchased Max Payne used a while back from BB and noticed that a BB price sticker was put under the back sleeve and the disc had been stamped with the Blockbuster logo.

Has anyone tried to subsequently trade-in one of these games to another store? I didn't know if other stores (local used, EB games, Software Etc.) would refuse to take these since they were marked up.

Also, does EB do any markings on their used games?

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
EB doesn't mark the games. They don't seem to check them very well either. If they saw the mark, they might reject it (call and ask).

EB also guarentees the games for its lifetime, so you can get another copy if the game goes bad.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I read somewhere how you can take the BB sticker off the disc. It may have been here...it involved using a hair dryer.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
EB doesn't mark up the discs, but they put all kinds of stickers on the cases. That drove me nuts, so now I get most of my used games from Gamestop.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
The used games I bought at Blockbuster last time didn't have stickers on the disc for the most part, and were in pretty good shape. I always have them open a game before I buy it if it's more than $10 so I can look it over and see if it has a manual.

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
Blockbuster was supposed to stop putting those stickers on the disks, since it made them unbalanced. I played Ico with a sticker and the sounds coming from my PS2 were horrible, but I endured them since it was such a great game. If you can't remove the sticker, put a strip of tape on the opposite side to balance it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks