What's new

Use the B&K LCR60 S3 speaker for mains too or not? (1 Viewer)

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Hey guys i'm sort of in a dilemma here and I was wondering if you can give me some advice as to what to do. I'm in the proccess of upgrading from Paradigm to B&K 600 Series 3 speakers.

I just bought a B&K LCR60 S3 speaker as my center channel. If you don't know the "LCR" stands for "left right center" which means this speaker can be used as mains too. Now I don't have a huge room (9-1/2' x 11') so I want to stay with bookshelf speakers. I was planning on buying buying DM602 S3's for mains and DM600 S3's for the rear but now i'm wondering if I should buy a pair of B&K LCR60 S3's for the mains instead and if I could the rears too. Reason being I feel I would get a better clean crisp sound. Probably by going this route I might lose some bass, but i'm not really looking for bass so much as a crisp clean sound. I plan on buying an SVS sub in a few months to handle the bass. So what should I do? What setup do you think would be best sounding? Please any advise would be really helpful. I plan on buying the mains and rears in about 2 weeks.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I'm guessing you mean B&W??? rather than B&K.

The LCR60 is a good quality speaker as long as your listening area isn't too big. My buddy has the 60 for a center channel in a rather large room with very high ceilings. It seems to do the job. But he went with the 601s for his mains and rears. He thought seriously about going with 601s for front and 600s for rears and probably could have done very well with that setup; he just didn't know when to stop shopping:D

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Man I'm so sorry I don't know what the heck I was thinking, yeah I meant B&W. Well I was reading quit a few reviews and alot of people are loving the B&W DM602 S3's, so my original plan of having these as mains seems to be where it's at. Than have the DM601 S3's for the rear. If I go this route I can order my SVS sub at the end of next month instead of October.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks