use of horns on tile

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelDW, Mar 7, 2002.

1. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if someone could give me any advice on using speakers with horns such as klipsch on tile. I can't decide to go with those or the boston acoustics. I'am scared the klipsch being so bright they might be to bright on tile with nothing to dampen them. also I dont know if I will have room for a sub so the boston towers seemed to have the best base,with the boston fireing out the side what clearance should I give them if I was to build them in an entertainment center. thanks for any help

2. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Michael,

I don't know which model of the Bostons you are considering. I recently purchased the Boston VRM series (VR-M60's, VR-MC and VR-MX's). The sales rep had me listen to the Klipsch (can't remember which model) they sounded nice but I did think they were a bit bright and I prefered the sound of the Bostons. In the end I decided on the Bostons and I don't regret it.

3. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

I think that Klipsch speakers are very bright. Setting them on a tile floor with no treatments would probably make me howl like a dog. I recommend going with the Bostons.