use of center speker for l/r front mains

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelDW, Jun 13, 2002.

1. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased a psb c6i center speaker and was wanting to know if I could use two more for the front mains. they would also be standing on end instead of laying down like they were designed to be. my problem is I only have 11.75" of depth and none of the stratus series will fit my only other option would be image series. is there anothr brand with the same sound as the psb? thanks

2. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

for space considerations, you could always go for Bose speakers. Best performance/price ratio......

j/k

But seriously, why not consider stellite speakers instead?

3. Bruce Chang

Bruce Chang Second Unit

For home theater only, Movies sound great with 3 center channels (2 for mains and 1 for the center). My father has 3 NHTs I forgot the model number, but it sounds great. Most center channels are efficent and they get loud. I'd say go for it if you're going for just HT.

4. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

Never thought of such a configuration. With the dual tweeters you would actually get 6 tweeters in your front soundstage - may do wonders for localization and creating a wall of sound at the same time (due to timbre matching). What rears are you using?

5. Bruce Chang

Bruce Chang Second Unit

Leon,
    My father is using NHT in wall rears along with NHT super ones further back. Has 2 subones and in HT the sound is very balanced.