What's new

Use my Pro Elite's speaker as Center Channel? (1 Viewer)

BillTHO

Auditioning
I just bought a Pioneer Pro Elite 530 RP (waiting on delivery). I am trying to get my speaker setup figured out. I will be using my Epicure model 3's for left and right, a Boston Acoustics PV600 sub, and I need to figure out the rest!
Was wondering if it makes sense to use the Pioneer's speaker as my center channel. I am not trying to take shortcuts here, if the sound or speaker quality doesn't make sense, I'll buy a good center channel. I just presume since this is a pretty high end unit, the speakers in it ought to be pretty high quality as well.
Appreciate any thoughts/advice on this, (as well as any recommendations for surrounds) My room is about 22x24, hardwood floor, 9'cieling. Ent. center is in a bump out in center of the long wall, and is 8'wx6'h'4'd. Driving speakers with Integra 8.2
Thanks much for any feedback

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
It won't match the other speakers in your room, and will probably be significantly worse sounding. It's best to go with a dedicated center. You should try it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks