Use/Hook-up my TV speakers? Help!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by MarkStash, Dec 30, 2003.

1. MarkStash

MarkStash Stunt Coordinator

I just received my Denon 3803 receiver and hooked-up my Infinity speakers all around and my progressive scan DVD player. I've got a 6.1 setup and was wondering.....I have a Toshiba Rear-Screen Projector big screen with three speakers. Two questions.....

1. Do I use these speakers (as a center and or supplement to the sub)? If yes, then...

2) I have the three cables (composite) connecting the TV to the Denon receiver. What do I use to connect the audio? The TV basically has RCA analog inputs only.... what IN do I use on the Denon 3803?

Many thanks in advance for your help/advice.

A newbie

Mark

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Hi Mark.

Generally you dont use the television speakers except for .. watching television via Cable.

Your speakers for the HT system are better placed, better amplified, better quality than the television speakers. Many of us run ALL audio through our recievers and never use the TV speakers.

You NEVER connect audio from the reciever to the TV.

The rule for every device is:

- All audio goes to the reciever - is played by the HT speakers

- All video goes to the television. You CAN run video through the reciever, then to the TV. But there are issues.

Does that help?

3. MarkStash

MarkStash Stunt Coordinator

All I need to know Bob...thanks. Since my DirectTv box has digital audio out, I run that through the receiver. So my only hook-ups to the TV are the component cables from the receiver. Again, thanks.

Mark