What's new

Use for a preout?? (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I just got a vintage Pioneer intregated amp which has a pair of preouts and main ins.

Im using the amp for power my surround channels. I have the surround preouts from the 3802 going to the amp ins on the Pioneer.

Could I hook up an extra powered sub to the preouts on the Pionner so that the surrounds would have a sub?

Thanks

Earle

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Could I hook up an extra powered sub to the preouts on the Pionner so that the surrounds would have a sub?
First the Pioneer’s pre amp will have to have an incoming signal, so you would have to move your connections from the “amp in” jacks to one of the inputs.

That aside, it is usually a bad idea to have two subs at different locations in a room. They tend to interact with each other and give ragged response. You can find plenty of info on this topic on the “Speakers and Subwoofers” forum.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Preout main in loops on receivers and integrated amps are ususally for either using external amps or for using an EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks