What's new

use bluray-player as mediaplayer (1 Viewer)

borisbastos

Auditioning
Real Name
bart
hi,
i'm looking to set up a home theater network. I was thinking of buying a mediaplayer (type Mede8er) to stream audio and video from my pc. Besides that i would also need a dvd- or bluray-layer. Then I was looking at Pioneer's BPD150 network enabled bluray-player. It would be handier to get it all in one machine, excludes the use of one more remote.
Does this cover the same functionality as a media player? How about an interface. The reason i wanted a media player is because you get a handy interface on your screen to scroll through your libraries. How does that work with a media player? Does that also come with an interface?
If both my pc and bluray-player would be DLNA-certified, they can communicate with each other, but how can i get to see the files onmy pc displayed on my bluray-player, or does it show on the TV connected to it?
I'm quite a noob on this, so any help is much appreciated.
Thx
B

borisbastos

Auditioning
Real Name
bart
borisbastos said:
How does that work with a media player? Does that also come with an interface?/quote]

I mean a bluray-player? Does that come with an interface?

I did see that Pioneer also offers iControlAV, an app for tablet or smartphone. Maybe this answers my question?
B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks