USB to PS/2 Adapter..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a USB to PS/2 adapter? I'm talking about installing a USB mouse into a PS/2 style port, not the other way around.

I can find the adapter for PS/2 to USB everywhere on the web, I just can't find one going the other way. The problem is that I use a KVM switch to switch between my two PC's. I really don't want to get USB hub. I bought a nice new Wireless Intellimouse Explorer that I only used for a week before my new PC came. Now I'm using the mouse that came with my Dell which is just a regular old mouse.

I know that the adapter exists. I used to have one. I lost it. It came with my last Intellimouse Explorer. Any ideas?

2. Craig Chatterton

Craig Chatterton Stunt Coordinator

My sister ran into this same problem. I bought a Logitech Wireless Mouse that came with a USB to PS2 adaptor. My sister decided she didn't want to have the same mouse as me, so she bought a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer. Unfortunately it DIDN'T come with a USB to PS2 adaptor. She looked all over town and couldn't find one anywhere. You might try looking online, but I have the impression that unless these items are included with the device, you can't get them separately.
    But if someone can prove me wrong, I'd love to know - I can tell my sister and she can take back that corded PS2 mouse she had to exchange her MS mouse for. [​IMG]

3. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

4. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

$42.00?! That's crap. I sent you an e-mail. Let me know what's up.

5. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

I thought most USB mice came with a PS/2 adapter. I know that my Logitech did. Since the mouse with the adapter is around $20, wouldn't that be the way to go?

6. MattV

MattV Auditioning

My Intellimouse came with the adapter. A little off topic, has anyone else noticed that the ps2 port works better then the USB? Why is this?

7. Bernard L

Bernard L Stunt Coordinator

buy yourself a cheap logitech usb mouse and voila.
    these adaptors are hard to come by standalone... I have one sitting around and I know I could sell it for $30USD no problem. [​IMG]