What's new

USB to PS/2 Adapter.. (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a USB to PS/2 adapter? I'm talking about installing a USB mouse into a PS/2 style port, not the other way around.

I can find the adapter for PS/2 to USB everywhere on the web, I just can't find one going the other way. The problem is that I use a KVM switch to switch between my two PC's. I really don't want to get USB hub. I bought a nice new Wireless Intellimouse Explorer that I only used for a week before my new PC came. Now I'm using the mouse that came with my Dell which is just a regular old mouse.

I know that the adapter exists. I used to have one. I lost it. It came with my last Intellimouse Explorer. Any ideas?

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
My sister ran into this same problem. I bought a Logitech Wireless Mouse that came with a USB to PS2 adaptor. My sister decided she didn't want to have the same mouse as me, so she bought a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer. Unfortunately it DIDN'T come with a USB to PS2 adaptor. She looked all over town and couldn't find one anywhere. You might try looking online, but I have the impression that unless these items are included with the device, you can't get them separately.
But if someone can prove me wrong, I'd love to know - I can tell my sister and she can take back that corded PS2 mouse she had to exchange her MS mouse for. :)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I thought most USB mice came with a PS/2 adapter. I know that my Logitech did. Since the mouse with the adapter is around $20, wouldn't that be the way to go?

MattV

Auditioning
My Intellimouse came with the adapter. A little off topic, has anyone else noticed that the ps2 port works better then the USB? Why is this?

Bernard L

Stunt Coordinator
buy yourself a cheap logitech usb mouse and voila.
these adaptors are hard to come by standalone... I have one sitting around and I know I could sell it for $30USD no problem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks