What's new

USB Thumbdrive Security (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Hi. I recently purchased a SanDisk Titanium Cruzer. It comes with some absolutely terrible security software on it and I was hoping for some help. First of all, I realize there are several thumbdrives out there that offer excellent security out-of-the-box. However, I made a conscious decision to purchase on performance instead of security (the Cruzer is 512MB and has 15MB/13MB read/write speeds making it by far the fastest around).

So what I'm looking for is some sort of encryption or password-protection program for this drive. I would like for it to be freeware, but I'm willing to pay if necessary. I would like for it to be portable, meaning the software can run from the disk and does NOT need to be installed on every computer used. Many suggest using PGP, but it must be installed on every computer and I do not have that luxury with my work computer. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of any other cool applications for thumbdrives, please let me know. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread