USB Jumper

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Wetenhall, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Ryan Wetenhall

I recently bought a new pc case, which had usb jacks in the front. The female jumper cables coming from the usb on the case go as follows : Ground,Ground,+, -, 5V dc

However the jumpers on the motherboard go : Ground, Ground, -, +, 5v dc

The positive and negatives are switched around, how do I get them to work?

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Hoping others will chime in on this too, but the berg connector's pins usually can come out without too much trouble.

Usually the pins have metal cutouts that prevent them from totally sliding out of the berg, but they can be pushed in with a large needle or small screwdriver. Some of them have to be in a certain position before the cutouts will move in enough so that you can pull (gently) the entire pin out with the wire attached.

Yes, I do use a magnifying glass. It isn't as bad as it looks. However, I am not sure if the '+' and '-' positions matter.

Glenn

3. Ryan Wetenhall

Hmmm... I am not sure that I am explaining it right, so I took a pic, this should help explain better.

4. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Right. The thing in your hand is called a berg connector. On the other side you should see plastic tabs over the pins, If you carefully lift the plastic tabs up about 1/16" It will release the pin and the wire.

Glenn