USA releases....any news?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stryker, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I was just reading over at DigitalBits that USA Entertainment is being folded into Universal, and I can't help but wonder what the fate of Orgazmo on DVD will be...

Here are the specs from DVDFile:

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

USA Home Entertainment has only been folded into Universal Home Video. Meaning that instead of USA Home Entertainment distributing their titles, Universal Home Video will.

USA Home Entertainment's current release schedule is unaffected at this time.

3. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

So much for the upcoming Lost Highway DVD. [​IMG]

4. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Universal Home Video has NOT cancelled any titles on USA Home Entertainment's current release schedule.
    The schedule is still current as of now.
    Universal Home Video will simply distribute USA Home Entertanment products as they do for Dreamworks Home Entertainment. Nothing will change at this time.

5. Kenneth Vestergaard

Kenneth Vestergaard Stunt Coordinator

Yes, they'll distribute them but USA Home Entertainment will be shut down (if it hasn't already) and releases more than a few months away will be done by Universal.

Crossing fingers that Traffic will make it into the CC anyway. I read somewhere that it had already been produced and a master was ready for manufacturing, which gives me hope that it would be to late for Universal to cancel out (I'm not aware what Universals stance on licensing their films to CC is).