What's new

USA coach: Canada's style "stupid" (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
The coach for Team USA called Team Canada's style of hockey "stupid". Will he live to regret it? I hope so... Them's fightin' words!
Here's the Link Removed.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Yes it was a very stupid thing to say but he has to live with it. I say we let this go, no need to rub it in.
It was a great game and Canada came out on top, that's all that matters. :)
I've got to go and kick all these drunks out of my house and into a taxi..:D
Take care.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Actually, Pat Quinn apparently agreed with Brooks' assessment, as none of Canada's goals were the result of dumping and chasing.

Just one second-place American's bit o' levity (although I do speak the truth about how Canada scored).

Evan

Richard_T

Second Unit
It's amazing how stupid some people become when they know they're SECOND best. Sorry there "Coach", guess you never learned to loose gracefully..maybe in another 4 years.....NOT!!

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
As we saw, Canada does not have to rely on the "dump and chase" alone. ;) We also saw the amount of time spent in the U.S. zone was significantly more than the time spent in ours. Great forechecking won this game.
P.S. Canada also found ways to score 5 on 5 and did not depend on powerplays to score goals.
Great game and well fought! :emoji_thumbsup:

MatS

Screenwriter
yeah it was kind of hard for Herb Brooks to live up to the poetic waxings of one Whine Gretzky. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread