What's new

US/Japan compatible player? (1 Viewer)

Rob Darst

Auditioning
Hi all,

I have a friend (really!), an American professor living in Japan, who needs a relatively inexpensive DVD player that will play DVDs bought in the US AND DVDs bought in Japan. I haven't encountered this problem myself yet, so I can't give him any advice. Can anyone out there help me out? Thanks!

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
There is a store in Akihabara that sells every region DVD and Pioneer 757s and the 858-i that do NTSC region 1 and 2. It is on the second floor of Sato Musen just opposite of Akihabara station as you come out of the station. You take an esclator up to the second floor, turn right, and then left and walk down the aisle and the store is on the right side. The 757 is selling for 86,000 yen and the 858-i is selling for 118,000 yen. They also have a JVC model for about 48,000 yen I think.

I forgot the name of the store, but it is easy to find.

Rob Darst

Auditioning
Many thanks for the help! My friend (who currently lives in Osaka, but formerly lived in Tokyo) instantly recognized the place you described. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks