What's new

US banks closed for Columbus Day? (1 Viewer)

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Just wondering, checked online but it was no help so I figured at least one person here would work at a major bank. I'm hoping for a transaction to clear today is why I ask. Thanks,

Pieter

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As far as I know, all banks were closed on Monday as well as the US Postal Service. Most of the rest of us in the real world had to work like any other day. :rolleyes

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
oh c'mon, cut the postal service some slack...they don't get saturdays off. banks, on the other hand...they usually aren't open enough.

and yes, the banks did have a holiday yesterday, i'm sure of it. it was accounting career day, and there was a guy from national city in my accounting class. my prof said it was a bank holiday.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
My bank (Wells Fargo) had signs up saying they'd be open on Columbus Day, but I didn't stop by to check...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Kind of late, but I heard on the radio and morning TV around NYC, that banks have the option of opening and the post office is closed except for express mail. The banks could be different in your area, but I think the USPS would be a nationwide policy.

Jay

E

Eric Kahn

Post office was closed, UNLESS you work at a distribution center then it was business as usual with a slightly reduced staff
Express mail is delivered 7 days a week, all year, you just pay extra for holidays and sunday

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I think that Columbus day is a bogus holiday. All Columbus did was "discover" a continent that had been there for millions of years and that had already been "found" by native Americans. Big deal. :)
I have my own company and do not work holidays. However, yesterday I was here at the office, business as usual.
I'm Italian, btw, so there is no ethnic bias here!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks