What's new

US$99 iPod coming in January 2004 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
There is at least one report of a gold colored iPod. They are also reported to be physically smaller than regular iPods.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
Jeff, Why all the hostility, this thread started out as one to inform, if you don't like the iPod or have any use for one then by all means there are plenty of other options, I'm sure Creative, iRiver or Archos will gladly accept your dollars. As for me I'm ecstatic that I invested in mine.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
This question is for the rest of you iPod owners. I'm not happy with these earbud type of headphones and think they are quite uncomfortable. Have any of you replaced yours with a better set, if so which brand and model??? I'm looking at a couple of Sennheiser models, PX-100 & PX-200, anyone have these and how do they sound with the iPod???

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed. I can have the stock earbuds in my ears for all of 5 minutes before they become super annoying and uncomfortable. Plus they sound like crap.

I picked up a pair of Sony EX71s; they are in-canal earphones but are VERY comfortable. About $30. If you want the best, Shure or Etymotics are the way to go. Both start at over $100 though.

If you want to stay with earbuds I hear those Sennheisers are quite good, especially for the money

Phil L

Supporting Actor
Question about headphones on iPods- is the jack for the the normal 1/8 or is it a proprietary jack?

Karl_S

Auditioning
For those of y'all interested in finding out more about headphones and the like head over to head-fi.org (sorry I can't post links yet :/). That's a great forum for information about headphones and headphone amps and there are quite a few topics dedicated to which cans work best with ipods.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
Michael, thanx for the Tidbits link. It only reinforced my decision to buy the Sennheiser PX-200's from eCost. At $34 I believe I got a great deal, it's on their Bargain Countdown area if any of you are interested. Man this iPod stuff is addicting.:D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
your formatting has me confused, probably because I'm using Windows! Hahahaha... I mean :frowning:

I don't think anything else good can come from this thread now.

edit- oh jeez thanks a lot Jeff now my post makes no sense at all. :p) Guess that's a good way to get your anger out. :D:emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff W.

Stunt Coordinator
I've used ipods. My girlfriend has one. They are cute, but too expensive and too limited, that's all I'm saying. Contrary to popular mac-fanatic belief, it IS allowed to have different opinions, this is not "thread crapping" (wtfever that means) it's called "free speech". OK thanks.

Nice try but sorry. It was a thread crap, and if you're so unfamiliar with the term, perhaps you should educate yourself before you do it again.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
Ordered the Sennheiser PX-200 headphones from eCost last night at 7:30 EST, order was processed & packaged to go at 8:30pm and picked up by FedEx Express at 10:30pm for 2day service. The package left Memphis, TN this morning at 4:11am and was at my door this morning at 10:38am. Kudos to eCost for processing my order that fast and to FedEx Express for delivering my headphones one day ahead of the committed delivery day of Friday. Now to say these Sennheiser headphones are the difference of night & day compared to those earbuds that come with the iPod. Extremely comfortable with plenty of clean bass and highs. I highly recommend the Sennheiser PX-200 headphones for any iPod owner. I couldn't be happier!!!:D

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I'm not a avid Mac fan. We bought one for my wife for doing video editing, the software is great, the systems are behind the times for the money, we do the same work, albeit not as easily, on a PC now, but at 1/4 the cost and twice the rendering speeds.

As far as the iPod there is nothing out there to compete with it. iTunes is the best music management software out there, hell its a big part of the reason I walked into the Apple store in the first place because I was going to use a Mac for media managemnent until I found out that iPhoto doesn't store things nicely like iTunes does and dealing with 4K worth of photo's it just choked.

I'd love to buy an iPod, but won't because of the price. Apple has something decent for sure, but not at double the cost of others. Its been said by many if any other maker out there, like the new Dell Jukebox, could be made to work with iTunes the iPod would fall off the face of the earth unless they brought the price down.

I have a hard time spending 150 dollars more on a product just because of exclusivity even though it is the best product on the market...on the other hand I won't buy a Dell Jukebox because I'm waiting for iPod prices to come down :P

A 99 dollar or 199 unit would be an instant buy for us, its a very unique and creative piece of equipment. Have to see how big it turns out to be, hopefully at least 15-20 gig.

Those 49 dollar units, what good are they, your better off buying a cheapo pocket PC and a memory card, it'll do more. For anyone that has a serious MP3 collection there is nothing better than iTunes and the iPod.

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
The new iPods have very limited capacity (rumored 1 to 4 gigs) compared to the existing models. For those who want access to an extensive music collection recorded at reasonably high bit rates, these new models are not a very good choice.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to disappoint....no $99.00 iPod, Steve Jobs just announced.

$249 and you get a new 4GB iPod the size of a business card (but thicker, of course).

On the other hand, for $50.00 more, you can move up to a 15GB iPod.

Forget it, I am getting the new Hi-MD from Sony. 1GB on one single Minidisc.

BryanM

Auditioning
Danny,
If they could price those at $99 or even $149, they would sell before they got off the delivery truck. What is Apple doing? They would sell a billion if they dropped the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks