What's new

Urrggghhh J And R Sacd Purchase (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I get my package from Jand R today and they send me regular cd's of Cowboy Junkies "OPEN" and Alison Krauss "NEW FAVORITE". I call customer help(ha) and they tell me they don't sell them in sacd and that they are not available in sacd. I bypass the sales techie for a manager who says the same thing and some how can't find the items on their website. Well I tell the manager that I will find them(which I did) and e-mail the links to her(like it will do any good). The will take them back and are sending them with a paid return auth but I am steaming mad:angry:
Here is a copy of my email:
He are the web showings. I am VERY frustrated that your company is advertising something you do not have and that NO ONE knows about!
http://www.jandr.com/JRMusicAlbumPag...ORITE+%28SL%29
http://www.jandr.com/JRMusicAlbumPag...=OPEN+%28SL%29
I would hope that you e-mail me back to know that you saw these.
Sincerely,
Dan Joy

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Well Dan,

I'd be pissed, too! That sucks, but I know it is not at all uncommon these days. Data-driven, self-generating pages in which someone types in the info and then forgets about it tend to get overlooked a lot.

Jeremy

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dan, forgive me for a minute. I can't tell from your message whether J&R is sending you the SACDs or not.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
They claim they have never had the sacd version and do not intend to carry them. I am still awaiting an email reply from them. I guess I will have to order them somewhere else. I looked at CC and they are on back order.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Keith, What would be your hierarchy of online stores if you please? Tempted to burn copies of both while I wait formy return postage:laugh:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dan, I've ordered from Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds, and Music Direct a few times and have never had problems. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I have never ordered from Rounder.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tom, sorry, but the price you quote from CD Universe is not a good deal. That's pretty much the standard price. At least one of the web site I quoted above has the New Favorite SACD for $17.99. It might actually be rounder.com.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Yup, rounder.com has the New Favorite SACD for $17.99. For you vinyl fans, they also have the LP for $18.99. Here is the link:
http://www.rounder.com/special/akus/
One other note. The above link states that a two-disc live release of Alison Krauss + Union Station is coming on November 5th. That should be really good. :) There is no mention of an SACD release, however. :frowning:

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Keith, they talk about the new AKUS live SACD in the new sound and Vision. Quite an interesting article on how they recorded in multichannel and because it was live from two different shows how they mixed the better takes from each show. Cant wait to hear that:b

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdempire.com has Alison's Forget About It SACD for $15.99, but do not list New Favorites SACD. I have had good experiences with DVD Empire purchasing DVDs but have not tried to purchase any SACDs from them.
Good luck

TomCW

Second Unit
Keith, I didn't mean to indicate it was a good deal, only that it was available, (note the ! after the price).
Cheers,
Tom

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I ordered both sacds from Rounder this am. $17.99 appiece with 3.00 shipping. Should get them this week:D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dan,
Thanks for the info. I might actually have to pick up the issue of Sound & Vision.
Let us know how you like the New Favorite SACD.
Tom,
My bad. I missed the '!'. As I recall, circuitcity.com has the New Favorite SACD for $21.99. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks