URGENT:Is Yamaha's RX-550 or 530 newer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Murphy, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Paul Murphy

Paul Murphy Stunt Coordinator

I have a quetion. I have been to the Yamaha site and can't find a Rx-550. Is it an older model that is no longer on the site? I recently was at futureshop and saw it there and took a look but can't find anything about anywhere else. Im pretty sure when i checked on the receiver it said 550. Anyways if there is such thing is the 530 newer or old that the 550, that is if it exists. Thankyou! YAY i get my receiver tommorow! so i guess i will have to check for responses in computer class!

2. Paul Murphy

Paul Murphy Stunt Coordinator

after looking i realized it is actually a HTR-5500
    can these be purchased in canada? cause it is only on the american site on yamaha.com?

3. Jeff_Fitz

Jeff_Fitz Stunt Coordinator

Paul:

I suspect what you saw at FutureShop was the HTR-5550 (not 5500). It is essentially the same as the RXV-530. Yamaha puts the HTR line through US internet channels and big-box stores like FS and Best Buy. The RXV line is sold at specialty shops. Other than the numbers and a few aesthetic differences they are essentially the same.

The Yamaha receiver twins are as follows:

RXV-430 and HTR-5540
    RXV-530 and HTR-5550
    RXV-630 and HTR-5560
    RXV-1300 and HTR-5590 (I believe there are actually a few feature differences in these two)

I hope that helps,

Jeff