Urgent Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dominic Ryan, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Dominic Ryan

Dominic Ryan Extra

Hi All,

I've just been projector shopping, and was blown away with the quality of the Dreamvision Starlight DL 500. These projectors usually sell for $13,000AUD, but because the new multi chip DLP's are coming in, I've found one for as low as $7,000AUD, but it's the last one.

I've heard a rumour that Dreamvision has gone bankrupt, is this true? If they have I obviously won't by it, but if there are still running strong, I want to go and put a deposit on this one as quick as I can.

2. Dominic Ryan

Dominic Ryan Extra

Too late! I've gone and bought it![​IMG] I really need to be put on a leash. I wasn't planning to buy anything for another 2-3 months, but the picture quality was so good, and at just over half of its usual price, I couldn't resist.
    It looks like the salesman that told me to steer clear of Dreamvision got his story a bit upside down. I rang Dreamvision, and they told me what had happened was projector maker Davis had been brought out by Dreamvision. It just happened that the salesman who told me to steer clear of Dreamvision sold mostly Davis projectors, maybe some bad blood, who knows.