urgent help needed from you pros

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by john waring, Dec 2, 2001.

1. john waring

john waring Agent

Just hooked up my new harmon kardon AVR510. I am happy with the way it sounds so far. I have one problem though and I need your expertise. The AVR510 is supposed to have a ON SCREEN DISPLAY and I cannot get it up on screen when hittin the button. I was instructed to connect a wire from the MONITOR OUT of the RECIEVER and connect it to the TV. I am using a RCA jack for this as I do not have an S VIDEO cable handy. Anyone know what I am doin wrong? Thank you much.

2. Larry Hoffman

Larry Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

John,

Just in case you overlooked the obvious...don't forget to go to the input you hooked the cable up to on you TV, using the TV/VIDEO button.

If you set all your sources through the reciever, you may have overlooked having to do this.

Larry.

3. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

Some TVs will require that you put them on a certain channel for the TV input from your reciever.

My old RCA was Chan. 91 I think.

Sam

4. john waring

john waring Agent

Thanks Larry, your the man! It was the TV/VIDEO button on my original TV remote which was not around at the time . Never thought that that was the one I needed. Thanks again.I have a new problem though. I used the ez set and it worked fine and it adjusted everything the way it was designed to .But then my wife changed something so I went to the ezset to get it back and now it wont adjust the levels. Holding the SPL button it is supposed to give a test sound and then it is supposed to do its thing but its not. The remote is reading but it wont do the adjustments. Is there something I'm missing .I put my level at -15 ,press the SPL for three seconds and then release it .its supposed to make a sound and then do the adjustments. Man ,this stuff aint like the old days. (loL) Thanks again