What's new

Urgent 2.1 Setup Help Needed! (1 Viewer)

sumstuf

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
Hey guys, my dad just brought home the Bose CineMate 2, and the horror on my face when he saw it.. omg. I need a good 2.1 setup so my dad can return this sob. I have a few speakers in mind. Below is a list of speakers and subwoofers on sale at Best Buy Canada and Futureshop. It is a long list but it shows only all the speakers and subwoofer that is on sale.

Best Buy Speakers

Klipsch Icon Tower Speakers (VF-36) - Pair $699 save 560
Klipsch Synergy Tower Speakers (F2) - Black - Pair $399 save 400

Futureshop Speakers

Klipsch Reference IV 3-Way Tower Speaker (RF82) - Single $399 save 300
Klipsch Tower Speaker (RF62) - Single $399 save 160
Polk Audio Floor Standing Speaker (RTI10) - Black - Single $250 save 250
Polk Audio Floor Standing Speaker (RTIA5) - Black - Single $340 save 170
Polk Audio Floor Standing Speaker (RTIA7) - Black - Single $450 save 180

Best Buy Subwoofers

JBL 10" 300 Watt Subwoofer (ES150P) $339 save 110
Klipsch 10" 450 Watts Subwoofer (SW-450) $450 save 200
Klipsch 8" 350 Watts Subwoofer (SW-350) - Black $350 save 150

Futureshop Subwoofers

Klipsch 10" Subwoofer (RPW-10) $400 save 100
Polk Audio 12" Powered Subwoofer (PSW125) - Black $350 save 90

We just recently bought a Samsung UN55B8000 (pretty nice) and I just picked up a Yamaha 6260B for $450 saved 250. Honestly my receiver can handle so much juice. Why Bose? Help me send it back to Best Buy Canada!

My budget is around $800. Most of the speakers are out of stock on Best Buy Canada and Futureshop, so, please still recommend them because I can look somewhere else like Visions, Crutchfield, Gibby's. Most of the sale is til December 31st or today is the last day. So, prices will be different tommorow. Just recommend me any awesome 2.1 speaker setup with a budget around $800. By the way my living room is huge (I can't measure it now because my dad is watching tv). There is no way those 2 little Bose speakers are going to fill the whole room. Just no way! The Bose was $600 after 100 saved, so basicly, return it plus a little more cash for a great a 2.1 setup.

I already bought all my cables and stuff from Monoprice too. Just waiting on the speakers to finish my HT. Help me out!!!

I will update this list with Visions, Crutchfield, and Gibby's speaker and subwoofer deals tomorrow as today is the last day of their sales. Starting tomorrow they might have new deals on speakers, so, I can update them first thing in the morning when they put it up.

I just talked to my dad after finishing this post. Seriously, I gave him some small talk about buying better speakers in the same price range, if not, a little bit more money. I told him if he was happy with Bose (he hasn't tried it yet cause can't return open box items) then that would be best. But I am confident we could get some kickass speakers for just a little more. So he is willing to change them just need some professional advice and that is it!!!

I'm looking towards the Klipsch Icon Tower Speakers (VF-36) - Pair. There is only 20 left with any solid advice and we can pull the trigger!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks