Upset with Dish Network!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Robert E., Dec 17, 2003.

1. Robert E.

Robert E. Auditioning

I am so upset with Dish Network I don't know what to do. I been with Dish for only two month and they will not let me upgrade my receiver to HD 811. They said I have to wait unit my current contract is up(9 month from now). I never came across a company that will not allow a person to UPGRADE their system. Can you believe this, they offer the 811 HD receiver for free to new members upon sign up. Is this a common practice not to let a customer upgrade?

2. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

What do you mean by upgrade? Can you just buy another receiver from them?

3. Robert E.

Robert E. Auditioning

I have four receiver, that I am renting from Dish. Three are standard 301 receivers and one is PVR 508. I wanted to upgrade(exchange)one of my 301 receivers to the HD receiver 811. I'm willing to pay the 1 x fee of 50.00 dollars and the 9.99 monthly charge for the HDTV service package (6 additional channels). But the dish folks say I can't upgrade until my service plan is complete, which is 9 months from now. If I had know I couldn't upgrade to HD, I would have NEVER signed up for Dish.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? I am totally surprised that I can't upgrade my package. BEWARE OF THE DISH POLICIES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

4. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Robert,

Check out the last post on this thread. It seems that you will be able to upgrade to the 811 soon.

Peace,

DM

5. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Hmmm, that's odd. I'd try calling again. Your reponse will most likely differ from CSR to CSR.

Do you own your equipment or are you part of the DHP?

I know they've had upgrade offers on the 811 this month. I believe the general rule is that your contract is extended another year (or whatever the current terms are) from the date of your new purchase.

If working with DishNetwork directly doesn't work, dishdepot.com is offering a trade-in program towards a new 811.

Best regards,
    ~~Nathan

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Threads merged. One thread per topic, please.

M.

7. Bob Saylor

Bob Saylor Stunt Coordinator

I'd sure try andther CSR. It can be a night and day expierence. I know you can upgrade because I did it. They would have to be crazy not to let you upgrade.