What's new

UPS vexes me!! (1 Viewer)

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
When I got home from school today and saw no sub on my steps I was so pissed. Online it says they are supposed to deliver today. Well in the place of my sub I found a stupid little paper saying a signature is needed. Well now I have to wait one more day and sign that paper so they will drop it off. I would think they would tell you ahead of time that it needed a signature. I am sure they are doing there job but they could inform you about a signature. Anyone else ever had this problem and wanted to kill them?

Jamie

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Do you live in a house? If so--I don't understand. Maybe co. you ordered from specified this. I have received towers with out being home. I do have a country front porch with a hedge in front to hide things though. You can pick it up yourself tonight most likely to? I have done this.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Yes, SVS (the shipper) tells UPS that a signature is required for delivery. The company who shipped your towers probably didn't pick this option.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Phone UPS and arrange to pick it up yourself. You should be able to do so today around supper.

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
I am waiting until tomorrow because if I sign the sheet of paper they left on my door it says they will drop it off. They better or I will be even more mad. I do not have time to go pick it up tonight.

Jamie

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i usually place a call to ups and arrange to pick up the package the next day. i can't say i'd want to trust my package on my doorstep for anybody who passes by. plus, it keeps the package out of the driver's hands for at least one day.

kevin t

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Personally I'd be aghast if any shipper would just drop expensive gear off on my doorstep and move on. If I'm not around to take delivery then they have to come back.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
I agree with Kimmo. It's for everyone's protection, SVS, UPS and you. SVS is responsible to get you their sub in perfect shape (and in your hands). UPS is responsible to SVS to meet the standards that SVS has promised you. If they dropped it off (without your permission ie signature) and the sub was stolen....would you tell UPS and SVS, hey guys no problem? I'll order(and pay for) another one. Or, would you say to UPS, who told you just to leave it at my front door...someone owes me a new sub.

I feel your pain....but the way UPS handled it is reasonable, prudent and not uncommon in the way all delivery services operate....really, the only way to conduct themselves.

Enjoy your sub!!!

Ron

Hanwook_K

Stunt Coordinator
Sometimes if you leave a note on the door authorizing the drop off the UPS driver will leave it on the door step and take the note ... so next time you know something is coming leave a note just in case ...

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Its funny how since I said I ordered a sub that people think I ordered an SVS:) I actually ordered the sony wm-40 and am dying to get it because it is my first sub.
Jamie

Hanwook_K

Stunt Coordinator
Don't you realize you shouldn't mention any other sub besides SVS? :) I've heard great things abou tthe sony sub. You will enjoy it. When you upgrade to the SVS or the like you will hear another dramatic improvement - of course for the price ..

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I had a similar problem with UPS when they shipped my Klipsch RP3's. They wouldn't even drop them off at the office, said sig was required. I drove around and found the UPS guy. It really freaked him out though. He thought I was just a random guy that grabbed the note off a door. After my identity was settled he was nice enough to drive back to my place and help me bring them up the stairs. At 72lbs each I was more than happy...plus he didn't want to try and deliver them again the next day.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
LOL!! That's good, Jason. I have done the same thing- driven around looking for the FedEx guy or the UPS guy. I don't think they like that a whole lot. I felt like I was stalking him. But hey, when you are due a package, you want it NOW and not tomorrow.:D

Westly T

Second Unit
I just got a SVS and the same exact thing happened. Fortunately I've chased the UPS truck before and know part of his route. I called in and found I missed him by 20 minutes! I raced down his route and caught up with him about a mile away, where he gave me my sub in exchange for the notice.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
LOL, I guess it is us home theater nuts that give these poor delivery guys and gals heart attacks.
But I didn't want to wait another day to get my speakers. I took a long lunch setting them up and playing some demos anyway. :D

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
I am finally going to get my sub tomorrow. Since no one was home today and I didn't change the shipping address before 7:00 last night I had to change the address to my uncles. Hopefully they won't screw up there and he will be home to sign.

Jamie

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Trust me I will because I know it will be a night and day difference with it because I don't have one now.

Jamie

SanfordL

Stunt Coordinator
I had nothing good to say about UPS because they didn't even attempt to deliver my PCi+ the first time - just left a posty-note saying they had been by. If my wife wasn't home all day, I'd be none the wiser. The boxes are big and heavy, and the folks at UPS aren't too adept at delivering such sized boxes, but hey, you paid for it, so make them bring it to you. Depending on your proximity to their sort facility, they may be able to schedule a time after work to drop it. Just call the center and see what they can do.
Of course, the goons at UPS also destroyed my Mother's Day gift to my 90 year old grandmother, but that's another story. :angry: The funny thing was they tried to tell me it was improperly packaged, i.e. wrapped in bubble wrap & braced with cardboard is not good enough to support the 300 lbs. driver I suppose. The inspector looked at it, and said they'd pay for it :emoji_thumbsup: .
I'd definitely recomend getting one of your neighbors to take delivery of the sub if they are home and you are not (don't you have sick time?), because rain, heat, and roving idiot kids are not sub friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks