UPN to try to lure back _Trek_ fans on Wednesday.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack Briggs, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The first salvo, of course, is the season opener for Enterprise. This will be the tie-in to UPN's ill-advised third incarnation of The Twilight Zone. Then, after that, there is to be a special sneak-preview promo/fluff program about Star Trek: Nemesis, which is what I am actually looking forward to. Even money that this "special" ends up as an "extra" on the eventual DVD.

Anybody excited? Anybody awake? (Hard to get worked up over the fifth series when I've got four seasons of TNG on tap.)

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I'm interested to see where they go with last year's season finale

Frankly, I would appriciate a total ban on unnecessary underwear scenes, which Berman has promised more of this year. Sure Scott Bakula is cute in his tighty blue-eys, but it's just gratuitous

3. Christopher Cheadle

Christopher Cheadle Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking forward to the new season of Enterprise. Last season was pretty much a mixed bag for me in terms of enjoyment, but I felt the story-telling, following a pretty strong start (IMHO) picked up again toward the end following a pretty mediocre middle.

I too am looking forward to the Nemesis "special" that's coming. What I have seen so far looks pretty promising and will be looking forward to a further look even if it turns out to be typical EPK kind of stuff.

4. Todd Hostettler

Todd Hostettler Second Unit

Looking for a way to lure me back, Paramount? Show Enterprise back-to-back with a new season of Farscape.
    And, yes, resist the temptation to strip everyone to their skivvies. The only person who benefits is Jolene Blalok's (sp?) plastic surgeon.

5. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor

6. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

7. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

I am excited. There is so little SiFi on TV and so much of what is on is really not very good, that I usually suspend my critical faculties (along with my disbelief) when watching.

So when another season of anything with some promise (in this case Generations) comes along, I’ll give it a go, and gladly.

I second the thoughts that last year was pretty mixed.

Since Star Trek has a long and distinguished history of integrating women in revealing outfits into their scripts, why should Generations be any different?

My wife was not a fan of Voyager at all, so she thinks that Enterprise is a step forward.

8. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

Generations? Don't you mean Enterprise?

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'm more excited about Firefly than this season's Enterprise.

Every promo for the season opener for Enterprise does include that shot of T'Pol in her uniform undies/tank top. Hmm...

10. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Since Enterprise will no longer be set in a perpetual night-time blizzard in my apartment (I've got cable and get good UPN reception now) I may try and watch it again. Last season my bad reception coupled with the show's generally dark scenes made it nearly unwatchable. I think it may have conflicted with West Wing.
    But I've got a working theory that every show worth watching has an equally good theme song. Since Enterprise fails the theme song test, it makes me question any decision to watch the show [​IMG]

11. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

12. derek

derek Second Unit

I also agree the gratuitous sex scenes take away from the goals of the show and are embarassing to watch in the context. The original Trek IMHO did an outstanding job of highlighting the feminine draw (and may have been considered 'gratuitous' in the day)...yet never seemed to cheapen or bring the context out of focus.

13. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

14. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

15. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

One of my sister's complaints about TNG during its first season was that there were too many female characters in positions of authority. She is not the most progressive person when it comes to social awareness.

The thing with Enterprise, the Blalock-in-her-underwear scenes are there solely for tittilation.

But, man, how many here are really, really excited 'bout that darn Temporal Cold War arc those talented executive producers keep selling us on? Wow. So original.

16. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Im actually excited about the temporal war on Enterprise. Where else on trek or another show has there been a temporal cold war?

capt

17. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

The only thing that will get me lured back to Enterprise is getting rid of Berman.

I am, however, interested in seeing the Nemesis promo.

18. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

19. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    The temporal cold war -- or rather a pseudo-serialized story -- is what most piques my interest in the new season of Enterprise. I'm not much interested in episodic TV right now, and much prefer shows with at least a hint of continuing storyline. If Enterprise continues to be wholly episodic (like Voyager and TNG for that matter), then I'll skip it. But this temporal cold war concept suggests an over-arching storyline. And that's a good thing, IMO.

20. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The question I want answered is: "Does the Star Trek Crew have the entire cold war story mapped out?" As of last year, they didn't even know who the shadow figure is. That's bad