UPN: Corporate Sponsor BUGS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Berggren, Aug 20, 2001.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Newsshare's Studio Breif reports that UPN is considering selling transparent bugs to large scale advertisters on their programming, the bug would appear throughout the program in question, much like the UPN bug does already. I don't know if this is to be in addition to the UPN bug or in lieu of, but this bug thing is getting more and more ridiculous. The report indicated that UPN has denied these plans, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a big arching "M" running on Star Trek this fall. And if it works for UPN, you can bet it will work for NBC, ABC, FOX and WB.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

2. Danny Knapp

Danny Knapp Stunt Coordinator

This is terrible news. I can almost imagine one day in which you won't even to able to see the TV screen anymore...just advertisements and station junk!
    I implore everyone to write to UPN and warn them that the viewers of America won't stand for more garbage on the screen!
    ------------------
    I dislike Tom Green!

3. Dan_K

Dan_K Extra

Danny: That is the intention of some of proposed the digital TV programming of the future. Take a look at Bloomberg TC, CNBC, CNN Headline News, etc. Add Internet banner ads and you get the idea of what some companies want to see with the TV of the future. Lots of junk and little content.
    IMHO: That's disgusting.