What's new

Upload (Amazon Prime) Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Can't say enough good things about Season 2. Of course I can't say anything about it until more people watch it. It is different enough from season 1 that you don't feel like they are just repeating themselves. Some supporting characters have expanded roles and others are barely seen in the new season. There is so much more to find out in the story. Only negative is that it was only 7 episodes. Great cliffhanger. There had better be a 3rd season and in one and not two years.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoy this show, but the season-ending cliffhangers are brutal.

I do think it's interesting that the show is on Prime Video, given that it's a satire/warning about everything that Amazon represents.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The show apparently has a very long post production period. They finished filming Season 2 in April 2021 and it took 11 months to arrive on Prime. I believe Season 1 had a similarly long period between filming and release.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the Nathan restored from back up files will be the Nathan who first was uploaded with the damaged files. I guess it depends on how often Nora backed up the files. Could be interesting if the new Nathan, having no memory of Nora falls in love with his angel which would be the temp. Will be very sad if the downloaded Nathan can't be uploaded again before his head explodes, if that is what is going to happen. Concerned about what will happen to Aleesha and her bargain with the devil to get ahead. Love her and her relationship with Luke. I liked that they mentioned and showed positive points about Luke . I am a little confused about how Nathan could just room with Luke after his break up with Ingrid when in Season 1 he had to go to 2G when he decided to stop taking her money. Then there is Ingrid's clone of or baby with Nathan. I am assuming it will be a baby depending on what she does with his DNA from his hair on the hairbrush. It could even be someone else's hair on the brush. Lots of ways to go with this story. Also a bit odd that they allow people to upload who are not dying. That would include Ingrid who said she uploaded and Nathan's mom who will apparently upload on the free system. I guess also Luke, who was a paraplegic in life. The show didn't mention he was dying I don't think.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Concerning Season 2 being 7 episodes while Season 1 was 10 episodes. Robbie Amell mentioned in various interviews promoting Season 2, two explanations. One was that due to Covid delays it took as long to shoot 7 episodes from January to April 2021 as it did to shoot the 10 episodes of Season 1. The other explanation was that the producer/creater Greg Daniels said the story should dictate the number of episodes and not the number of episodes dictate the story. The story he wanted to tell for Season 2 needed 7 episodes.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Loved Season 1! Looking forward to Season 2, in the queue, but got a couple other shows mid watch to finish first.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Announced a few weeks ago, there will be a Season 3. Very happy about this. No word when, hopefully sooner than the 22 months between Seasons 1 and 2.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just finished Season 1 and was pleasantly surprised. Starting Season 2 now. I wonder if this will actually return, considering the strikes. If it does, I suspect it might not be until 2025. I haven’t searched for info, though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I just finished Season 1 and was pleasantly surprised. Starting Season 2 now. I wonder if this will actually return, considering the strikes. If it does, I suspect it might not be until 2025. I haven’t searched for info, though.
Due to all of the visual effects, this one has a long lead time. It finished shooting before the strike, and the third season will drop two episodes per week starting October 20th.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Upload Season 3 begins Friday October 20 on Prime Video. With the actors still on strike there has been zero pubilicity about the upcoming season. I am afraid no one will watch because no one will know there are new episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks