What's new

Upgrading to a new Receiver. Any suggestions or help? (1 Viewer)

WayneM

Agent
Hello Everyone,

My SONY DA555ES Receiver finally went out on me with a PROTECTOR failure and I'm looking to get a new one. My set-up is as follows:

DISPLAY: Magnavox Plasma HD 42MF230A
DVD: Sony BDP S350
FRONTS: Paradigm Monitor 7's
CENTER: Paradigm CC-370's
REARS: Sony SS-SR100's (fill in's until I upgrade to ADP-190's)
SUBWOOFER: Klipsch SWV 8" Powered

I use it for DVD/Movie viewing 80%, Comcast cable 10%, and X-Box 360, Wii, and music 10% of the time. Trying to keep my receiver budget at around $800 or less. It's been awhile since I've been on the forum so I'm kinda out of the loop these days. Any help or suggestions on this (and any of the other components for that matter) would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Wayne

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wayne,

First make sure you error is not caused by faulty speaker wire. Double check to be sure no wires are touching. I would also make sure it is not one of your speakers causing the problem. Unplug all of them and plug each one back in while testing the receiver.

If you find you still have to replace the old receiver, my favorites these days are Denon and Onkyo. Check these out:

Denon 989
Onkyo 807

WayneM

Agent
Thanks David,
Yes, I tried all those. Its shot, so shopping again! :) I'll check those 2 out!
Wayne

Invictus14

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
Hiya Wayne Justin Here from Australia. I am not sure how much Onkyos flagship has dropped in price But I have one and its a beast! Its the Onkyo TXNR-906 all the latest formats and audio codecs Audessy Multi Eq network capabilties its own torrodial transformer. It really is a fantastic AV Receiver. And I have noticed the price dropping on it here in Aus and the US. So may be worth a look.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks