What's new

upgrading to a denon 2803 (1 Viewer)

John KB

Second Unit
Hi, I've had a Denon 1800 for a few years, I just recently traded it in for a 2803. Is there really that much difference between the two. To be honest, since they're both not here, I can't to an A/B comparison. I don't really notice any kind of huge improvement, except that I don't have to turn the center speakers volume up which I did with the 1800 as the talking in movies never seemed loud enough. It sounds great, but I thought the 1800 sounded great too.
I know the difference between the models, but I'm not concerned with 7.1 or other extra features, I'm just strictly wondering is the sound of a movie should be that much better using a 2803 as opposed to an 1800.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
IMO, if you have it setup right, then yes, it should sound better. On an absolute scale, it may not be night and day, but it should sound clearer and cleaner. (This is due to improvements in both the decoding and the amp section.)

The 2803 is just a huge leap in features and user friendliness over your old unit. Heck, there were several changes over the old 2802, let alone the 1800. Pro Logic II alone should be VERY noticeable. Not to mention the extras crossover points, Surround mode memory by input (very cool!), subwoofer volume adjustment by mode (VERY cool!), DTS 96/24 and more.

I was impressed when I went to a 3803 from a 3802. It's hard to imagine that you aren't singing these praises more than me???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks