What's new

Upgrading the Home Theater..... Advice? (1 Viewer)

Luke_H

Stunt Coordinator
I currently Own a Tosh tw56x81 and A Tosh 5109 DVD player.
Now one of my buddies is seriously considering buying these items from me. THey have served well and I like them both, however I could use this as an excuse to upgrade.
I think I want to step up to a 65inch. I like the mits 907 or the new 65 tosh. And the tosh SD6200 or the equivalent in the Mits/Sony line.
I like the Mits because it splits in 2. However I have been overwhelmed by how great the tosh is.
I have this setup connected to a DISH 6000 which is feeding both over the air HD and Satellite HD. I'm going to keep this.
Any ideas as to what I should do...
No wife/kids = Home Theater splender

i am a big fan of the pioneer elite sets - i own the 510. have you condsidered the 710? a friend has this set & it is spectacular... alas, too big for my room, though...
my $.02

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I currently have a setup that is very similar to yours (have the TW40X81 instead). Personally I think that my next upgrade is going to be a front screen projector, but if I had to buy another HDTV I would definetly go with the Pioneer Elite series. As good as the picture quality is on the Toshibas, I find that it is just a bit better on the Elite series.
I was wondering why you were upgrading from a 5109 to the 6200?
confused.gif
I'm not overly familiar with the newer model and was wondering if there happens to be a drastic change between the two. Thanks, Chris
------------------
Home Theater: http://www.ig-88.net

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks