What's new

Upgrading Receiver (1 Viewer)

Steve Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Young
I currently run a Yamaha RX-V995 as a pre/pro with a Parasound HCA-1205A amp. At one point I was going to upgrade to the Yamaha 1400, but now I am not too sure. I have seen the 1400 at a local dealer for $899CDN. Also they had a PIoneer Elite VSX-52TX for $999CDN I believe.
I have just been reading on here and I am seeing that Pioneer also has a model (VSX-1014TX-K) that is very similar to the 52TX? Does anyone know what the differences are exactly?
Can anyone give me some advice on these models?

Thanks
Steve

Steve Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Young
I guess no one has any input on this?
I have decided that the 1400 (as it's been discontinued) is off my list.
Now I am thinking either the Yamaha 1500, Denon 2805, and maybe even Integra 6.5 or is there a 7.5?

If anyone can give me any help on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Steve

JohnCZ

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

I have the Pioneer 1014. I believe the difference between the 1014 and 52tx is the gloss black finish and the warranty, one on the 1014 and 3 on the 52tx, in Canada.

If sound is your major criteria, then you've got a tough decision. The Yamaha, Denon and Pioneer are excellent and it will a depend on taste and the speakers your using.

Quality wise, all are good.

Power wise, most reviews will indicate that the Pioneer has the edge. In HT mode, again the Pioneer has the best watts/channel numbers. There are test numbers out there on the Denon 2805, Yamaha 1400 and the Pioneer 52tx (1024tx).

Essentially, you've listed good recievers and you won't be disappointed. My recommendations is to take your time and go to retailers that sell your speakers and hear the receivers through your set-up.

Have fun with it and tell us what decision you make.

J;)

Shiu

Second Unit
The 2805 will likely have more all channel driven power thatn the 1500. If you are going to use external amp then power does not matter that much. If I were to choose between the two, I would have to go for the look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks