What's new

Upgrading my home theatre (1 Viewer)

Koty

Auditioning
Real Name
Koteswara
I currently have a 7.2 A/V receiver hooked up to Bose accoustimas 15 system. I would like to two floor standing speakers and a center channel speaker to the Bose system. Does it work and are they compatible ? Thank you for your help in advance.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It is my understanding that it would not be possible based on how the Acoustimass system is supposed to be wired. You would have to downgrade the number of speakers to a 3.0 system (and add-on subs and surrounds down the road) which would likely sound better than the Bose does now.

Koty

Auditioning
Real Name
Koteswara
It is my understanding that it would not be possible based on how the Acoustimass system is supposed to be wired. You would have to downgrade the number of speakers to a 3.0 system (and add-on subs and surrounds down the road) which would likely sound better than the Bose does now.
Thank for your response. I read some reviews that implied I can add additional speakers to Bose reflecting cubes which I have. Wanted to confirm before buying.

Rbohno

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Try checking out SVS Sound, I put the Bose system in my Brother-in laws house and it sounded good. So I had to do one better, I initially started out with Definitive Technology and ended up with SVS.
Look at their website and some options they have, try free for 45 days , trade up for free for a year. Incredible customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ant2110
Recent bookmarks