What's new

upgrading my avr (1 Viewer)

will d 1

Auditioning
Real Name
William D.
Iam looking at the Denon 1612. It fits my budget. Or would I be better off with the Denon 1611? Iam going to run 5.1 only, but If I ever decide to go 7.1 I guess I should go with the 7.1. I have been looking for so long now I seem to change my mind constantly. Iam torn, between Denon and HK. I have a 1985 Denon dra700 stereo reciever and it sounds sooooo good. I also have a HK avr154 and an Onkyo avr 304. To my ears the HK avr has better sound than the Onkyo. But C-NET did not think HK even compared to Denon, sound wise. So you take a chance buying one or the other unless you can go to a store and A-B them with the same set of speakers. So any advice would be nice. Will D. out.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
IMO, if you can here the difference between a properly setup HK and a properly setup Denon, you should be a professional in the audio field. I say most differences folks perceive are either due to settings or they were 'influenced' by some website. I like the Denon because of the Audyssey EQ. I don't see much difference between the 1611 and 1612. Maybe shop around see if you can find a 1911 for the price of the 1612. I seen a great deal a few weeks ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks