What's new

Upgrading help? (1 Viewer)

Reuben_S

Auditioning
Hello all.
I am new here but have read some of the primer so i kinda know what to look for. I have a budget of about $400(cdn) and want to upgrade to dolby, dts capable home theatre system. You know, those all in one reciever, speakers, and sometimes dvd players in the box systems. Anyway I would like to know who(company wise) makes the best systems for my budget. I'v done a little research and i know i want 0.1 thd, and most systems iv seen say about 100 watts a speaker but im not sure about what brands to trust. any help would be apreaciated. Even links to stuff i may have missed.

Thanks

p.s im still not sure what ohms mean and how they relate to speakers.

John S

Senior HTF Member
$400 Canadian, is tough price to hit.
I'd probably try to piece one together.

Starting with as good a price as you can find on an Onkyo TX-SR501, and then go from there....

Or maybe try like heck to win this system on Ebay Canada...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...748433440&rd=1

Best of luck with it.

I can't in good faith suggest any HTIB's priced below these Onkyo systems. On boxing day, I'll bet you could have gotten an Onkyo 770 system for just a little over that $400 mark.

Samsung makes a decently reviewed HTIB all inclusive thing, but the Samsung HTIB's I have seen, have not been even close to up to snuff in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks