What's new

Upgrading from a 'Home Theatre in a box' (1 Viewer)

Andrew_PD

Grip
I am wanting to upgrade from my Phillips LX3750W ‘home theatre in a box’ to a custom made system. So having only had experience with a package set I’m a real beginner.

I am starting with a receiver

Could anyone give me some advice on some receivers? I’m looking for a reasonably cheap receiver with DTS ES 6.1 Discrete & Matrix, Dolby 5.1 & Dolby EX. Anything else like Pro Logic would be a bonus.

Also are speaker packages worth buying, or is better to buy the rears, front, centre and subs separate?

Thanks

Robert*S

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Andrew -
I recommend the Pioneer 812. It has all the latest decoding DD (EX), DTS (ES), Pro Logic II, Neo 6 and is 7.1 capable.
I have the previous model, the 811, runing a 7.1 setup and I love it.

Andrew_PD

Grip
I have decided to go for the Pioneer VSX-D712

It has all the features I need plus 7.1 and costs £230

I am having real trouble with the speakers though. Should I create a 7.1 set up because I will have the capability or just set up to 6.1?

I'm looking for a company that makes good quality speakers at reasonable prices that can be ordered online

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, since you're asking for specific receiver recommendations you should post here in Receivers/Amps. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks