What's new

Upgrading DVD - Features wanted who can help?! (1 Viewer)

Ok I think its time to upgrade the dvd player too.. I wanted to wait but I think it really enjoy my system I want a dvd with dvd-audio capability.

Things I want.. DVD Audio, Good Progressive scan output, ability to read my dvd-r discs without too much fuss, maybe one that supports the new cd formats as well not sure what they are called but I know there is some higher quality cd's out there too.

I have decided on the Pioneer Elite 45tx reciever, so maybe a pioneer dvd? I hear good things about panasonic.. but looking for direction.

thanks

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Normally I wouldn't recommend getting the same brand receiver/dvd player, but the Pioneer elites are excellent DVD players and I am a Pioneer fan myself.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
BUT the Pioneers are known for having a really bad Chroma Bug problem, and for not much more than the Pioneer Elite you can get the Yamaha S2300 no chroma bug, and Bass Management for DVD-A and SACD. I am ordering one for myself this afternoon, so maybe I am a little biased, but its the ebst player i could find. Other players were better in certain areas, but for all the features it has it dose them all well.

Question mathew wghy would you recommend against gettign the same brand player and receiver, I am slo gettign a new receiver and iw as thinking of either yamaha or marantz to go with this player, so im curious as to why you suggest avoiding getting both yamaha's

Users who are viewing this thread