What's new

upgrading a home theater system (1 Viewer)

John Roger

Stunt Coordinator
I am currently upgrading my home theater system which previously consisted of small sats and a sub.I have a small sony amp(dts).
Thinking of bookshelfs for the fronts and matching surrounds.
I have two Bose 201s, will they do for the fronts?
Looking for sound quality.My sub can deliver decent bass.
What are the best brands.Plz advice.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I would use the 201's for rears and look to something else for fronts and center. What type of sub do you have? If it's the Bose "Bass Module" you may not be able to use it with other speakers. Please let us know a rough budget for your speakers.

As far as brands go:

B&W
Klipsch (reference series)
Paradigm
Polk
Axiom (online)
Rockets (online)

Nhan_H

Second Unit
John, if you want to have quality speakers, you might want to start out slowly. Get the mains first (and like someone suggested, use the Blose in the rear). Then you can add the matching center once you save up more money. The suggested speakers above are all very nice, but I'd like to throw one more into the mix. htd.com's Level 3 towers might fit your current budget.

Johnny_M

Second Unit
i agree with nhan.. buy things 1 by 1, it takes longer but youll be happier in the end. it took me a year to complete my setup. i started with a receiver and 2 towers, later i bought the center and surrounds, later got a sub.

lastly, the tv haha.

once you start you will always want to upgrade, so you might as well get used to that. i just bought a HDTV widescreen 42" RPTV, and I already want to move that to the bedroom and setup a front projector with a screen.

Gotta love toys!

Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks