What's new

Upgraded to Athena and SVS (1 Viewer)

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe just me but I would have taken them up on a replacement in a heartbeat. No one makes perfect hardware...too many varibles...but SVS is head and shoulders above the norm. It's very rare indeed when a replacement is warranted...an fantastic that they offer it.

I wouldn't want to go one day with out my 20-39PCi (20Mhz tuned equiv of the PB1) :D

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I agree I would've taken the replacement, had it working well for a long time and just thought of how I was one of a very select few that didn't get on that worked right. ha ha.

Sorry to hear of the time and frustration of it all, but it seems to me, you can't beat what SVS was doing (customer service wise).

Chuck_W

Second Unit
I agree no one makes a perfect piece of hardware, and SVS customer service has been first rate...that's why I would certainly consider buying another one of their products in the future. But for now I'm just gonna take a little time and rethink my options. :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Chuck,

I'm assuming you were using some kind of surge protector. Kind of a weird situation happened to me a few years back. I had a piece of gear that I used for a few years, then sold it to another person. A few hours passed, then I received a call - the item died.

Fortunately, it was covered under warranty. However, the person was not running a surge protector - even though I gave him one with the sale of the item.

In any regards, best of luck with your future sub that eventually pick.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
Thanks Wayne. Yes I was was using surge protection (a Monster brand home theater unit). I'm sure the guys at SVS will tear it apart and determine the cause when it gets back to them.

I'm just stumped on what sub to buy now...

Chuck_W

Second Unit
After a few days of thought and research...I've ordered a PB2-ISD to replace the PB1-ISD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks