Upgrade to the Kenwood VR-6060 ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BruceMoody, Jun 22, 2002.

1. BruceMoody

BruceMoody Auditioning

Ok-
    I'm a newbie on the forum but from what I've read you guys seem to be really informed. I am looking at upgrading my current home theater set up. My current reciever is a Kenwood KA-994. It only has Dolby Prologic. The VR-6060 should have everything that I want - mainly 6.1 sound. All of this to ask a couple of questions. 1) My old reciever has system control connections to control my kenwood CD player and tape deck. I think its called SX or something like that. The newer kenwood's have a system control but they call it SL16. Does any know if they are compatible with each other? 2) I'm upgrading as I can afford it, and right now, only the reciever is getting the upgrade. I only have speakers for a 5.1 set up. Can I tell the reciever that I only have a 5.1 set up? I don't won't to not hook up the center rear and have a hole in the sound. 3) I haven't actually seen this thing in a store. I've only seen it on the internet and in Crutchfield. A local dealer said he wouldn't be able to get one until July 1st. Does this sound right? If anyone actually owns this model could you please give your opinion of it?

Thanks for any responses,
    Bruce

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

The two different system controls should work fine together.

Y