What's new

Upgrade Time- Help Me Choose (1 Viewer)

Mark Hudzinski

Auditioning
I'm going to be upgrading the receiver soon, and am going to have to choose between the following receivers, all of which I can get within my budget range.

1. Sony STR-DA4ES

2. Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX

3. Yamaha RX-V2300

4. Harmon Kardon AVR525

5. Onkyo TX-SR800

I'm currently leaning toward the Pioneer Elite because of the MCACC to calibrate for a poorly shaped room. However, I'm open to multiple opinions and just hoping to get some points of view that I may not have considered yet. They will be hooking up through Boston Acoustics Reference speakers.

Thanks In Advance.:D

MarkMaximus

Stunt Coordinator
I have my AVR525 driving 2 JBL S312's, 2 JBL S26's and a S-Center. It has abosolutely no problem driving the speakers and I have no complaints as to the sound. I also plan on getting a pair of S-38's and completing the system with 7 speakers. The HK525 is a very capable receiver, and has all the features that you would want including bass management, EZSet (if you don't want to budge for a RS SPL), learning remote (I love it.. don't have all that clutter of 8 remotes to deal with). I have hooked up a PS2, Xbox, TV, DVD player, VCR, all work great, pretty easy to use, the remote is lighted... blahbalhbalhba I really like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks