What's new

Upgrade Time, Denon, Pioneer Elite, Etc.. (1 Viewer)

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
To those of you who might remember, in Febuary I put together my first real home theater system.
Well it's been a few months and I want to use the Tweeter Etc. trade in/up policy. I plan on returning my Yamaha RX-V640 receiver to get the $ 399.99 that I paid and put it towards something with more power, sound, cool factor, etc...
The wife is on board and I have freed up between $3K-$3.5K additional cash (not including the trade up dollars that will be applied)to get stuff done.
Here is what Tweeter has that I am considering:

Denon 3805: If I go this rout I will add the 2900 Universal DVD/SACD/DVD-A player, and have money left to upgrade my Boston CR-75 speakers to either Boston VR's, or Polk LSI's (Mirage Omni-Sats?).

Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXI: If I go this rout I will add the 47i DVD/SACD/DVD-A player and on of the speaker system upgrades as described with the Denon.

Denon 5803: also add the 2900 DVD player, but wait for the speaker upgrade. I can get a demo 5803 for $2K.

Yamaha RX-V2400: either of the DVD players above, and the same speaker choices.

Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXI: Wait till later for the upgraded player and speakers. By the way, my current DVD machine is a three month old Sony 725 that puts out a much better picture than I had expected.

B&K AVR507: Same as with the VSX-59TXI, wait for the other upgrades.

NAD Separates: Same deal as the B&K, nothing else till later in the year.

Here is my current theater:

Yamaha RX-V640 receiver
Four Boston CR-75's
Two Boston CRC's
AR-PR1212 250 watt downfire sub.
Sony KP-57WS510 HD-RPTV
Sony 725 DVD
Comcast-Motorola 6200/2005 Digital/HD-TV box.

My room is 12'X13' with a 9' ceiling. The floors are low cut Berber style carpet, and the walls are wood paneled with various paintings/pictures hung.

The Sony TV and the Comcast Box are the only items that I am not entertaining changing.
I am planning a later Sub Woofer upgrade to either SVS, or HSU, but I will leave that for another, later discussion.

There are the details guys.
I now invite my estemed forum companions to help me decide what to do.
Seriously, I have a great deal of respect for the experience that this forum collectively harbors.

Thanks, Al. Wise

Lev-S

Second Unit
I'de personally suggest Harman/Kardon as well. But other than that, Denon all the way.

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Jesse,
You are recommending the B&K, but I see you have the Denon 3805. Are you unhappy with the Denon?
Please comment.

Thanks, Al.

Andy F

Stunt Coordinator
3805 and speakers. Definitely the most bang for the buck in this situation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks