upgrade suggestions?

EddieMata

Agent
I am thinking about upgrading my ht receiver to possibly separates. Being new to ht (especially separates), I was thinking about starting with something preowned but versatile that could hold out for a few years till next upgrade. Current system: Kenwood vr606 (from a HTiB), the sub from same set(sw36ht), 3 Fosgate 62.0 as L C R and 2 Fosgate 61.0 rear... 80/20 movies/music.

Should I upgrade the Sub 1st or the receiver? (If upgrade sub 1st will go with SVS 20-39PCi)
If receiver and go separates, should i get a receiver that can be used as a pre/pro and add amps? Or get pre/pro, continue with current receiver till get an amp for 3 front channels? The units I have been researching are: Marantz sr6300, Denon 2803, Outlaw 1050, Rotel rtc-965, Marantz Av550. I know that all of these are early models for each Manufacturer, but all have Digital inputs and multichannel inputs. I believe all have DD and DTS.

Just looking for feedback from anyone who has dealt with any of the listed equiptment. Also, advise as to how should upgrade???? I may be in wrong forum, but thought that they are pretty newbie questions.

THANKS for any suggestions!!

Eddie

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there, Eddie. When asking for specific recommendations about which amplifier and preamplifier to buy, please post here in the Receivers/Amps/Separates section. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level (a Basics-type question would be "What's the difference between a receiver and separates?").

Best of luck on your decision.

EddieMata

Agent
Budget would be same as if would go with sub 1st... $600.00 + shipping. I know if get pre/pro or receiver still have amps to purchase but working on one piece at a time. I'm in no hurry. I could just continue to save and hold out, that's why I need some help.

THANKS for the help!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dynz