upgrade speakers & TV or just TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Francisco_C, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Francisco_C

Francisco_C Agent

I have a kenwood htb504 and a 25in tv hooked up to DVD player with an RF modulator. I have a $800 upgrade limit should i just get a 32in flat screen tv with anamorphic squeeze like JVC AV32f703 or a regular 32in with component video and the JBL NSP1 speaker system? I watch a lot of DVD and DSS. I like both picture quality and sound quality. The speakers i have now arent very good and I know im missing a lot of good picture quality. Any advice welcome...thanks

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I think you're already leaning in the direction I would advise: Your television is in most dire need of replacement, and I would go for one with the vertical raster compression (like the JVC you mentioned). Right now, this is your highest priority.

3. Francisco_C

Francisco_C Agent

Yeah I was leaning towards the TV especially since right now i sit 12ft away from it...its kinda hard to see sometimes. Also sorry for posting on the Display section. thanks for the advice.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Don't sweat it, Francisco. Honest mistake!

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Normally, I'd say speakers in a situation like this, but in your case, I'd have to agree the TV needs to be upgraded first.

You will gain some clarity, but not a lot more impact, from the NSP-1 package. I'd say get a decent TV now, and save for better speakers down the road.