What's new

Upgrade Sony DVP-725 to Denon DVD-910? (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I currently have a Sony DVP-725 and am considering replacing it with a Denon DVD-910. Is this upgrade worth it? The Sony has some image quality issues (chroma bug, soft images and colors, etc), which is why I'm looking to upgrade.

Any thoughts?

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
The Denon has better deinterlacing than the Sony, but its image is quite soft.

You might want to check out the LG 7832, which has Faroujda deinterlacing like the Denon and excellent image quality at 1080i, though it has some issues. Overall, I'd say the LG is better - not to mention cheaper - than the Denon.

Or you might want to hold out until the new Panasonic and Sony models are released later this summer.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I was actually considering the LG DV7832, which is the same player as the Zenith. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see a demo of this player. Is it a reliable player?

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I was actually considering the LG DV7832, which is the same player as the Zenith. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see a demo of this player. Is it a reliable player?

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Yes. Very reliable and at these prices, hard to beat. Make sure you buy it from a place with a good return/exchange policy, authorized by LG, and you should have no worries. :)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Yes. Very reliable and at these prices, hard to beat. Make sure you buy it from a place with a good return/exchange policy, authorized by LG, and you should have no worries. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattpm
Recent bookmarks